Amidst the rumors that the Detroit Lions are leaning toward taking Baylor offensive tackle Jason Smith with the first overall pick in the 2009 NFL Draft Authentic Dri Archer Jersey , I did a mock top 10 based on how that pick would alter the draft landscape of the first 10 selections.

1. Detroit Lions - Jason Smith, Offensive Tackle, Baylor: Smith would be the second offensive tackle to go number one in two seasons, a departure from the trend that had NFL GMs taking quarterbacks with the first overall pick in five of the six drafts leading up to last year's. Could we be seeing a change in mentality among general managers?
2. St. Louis Rams - Michael Crabtree, Wide Receiver, Texas Tech: While the Rams need offensive line help and certainly covet Smith, I'm not quite sure they'd opt for Eugene Monroe this early. Crabtree would be the best value pick and a great complement to Donnie Avery.

3. Kansas City Chiefs - Aaron Curry Dri Archer Elite Jersey , Linebacker, Wake Forest: This is as sure of a pick as any in this entire draft, as long as he doesn't go number one or number two.

4. Seattle Seahawks - B.J. Raji, Defensive Tackle, Boston College: I think the Seahawks would be tempted to take Stafford if he was available, but I think they're in "win now" mode too much for that. Raji would help clog up the middle, something that Seattle desperately needs.

5. Cleveland Browns - Brian Orakpo Dri Archer Jersey , Defensive End, Texas: I think the Browns would be tempted to take Stafford as the new regime seems lukewarm at best on Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson, but that wasn't Eric Mangini's style when he was with the Jets. He passed on Matt Leinart and Jay Cutler to build the offensive line in New York and he'll pass on Stafford to build the defensive line in Cleveland.

6. Cincinnati Bengals - Eugene Monroe, Offensive Tackle, Virginia: The Bengals must be hoping that Monroe makes it to them. They desperately need someone to protect Carson Palmer and Monroe is already a fantastic pass blocker. He's a no-brainer for the Bengals if he's still on the board.